Seawind-catamarans-Pittwater-regatta

A sense of belonging

20 years ago almost to the day, a bunch of Seawind owners got together to test their sailing prowess and race their cruising catamarans around the iconic Pittwater, just north of Sydney Harbour. Gathering at the Basin camping ground afterwards, tails were told over beers and a BBQ and friendships were born. The concept caught Read more about A sense of belonging[…]

seawindcats-13th-annual-seawind-Catalina-Rally-seawind-cruising-catamaran-boat-of-the-year-multihull

Join our 13th Annual Seawind Catalina Rally!

13th Annual Seawind Catalina Rally Break out your Bob Marley tunes and furl up a fat one, it’s time for some irie Jolly Mon Sailing Time with West Coast Multihulls! Come join all your multihullin’ friends and have a great fun-filled weekend at Two Harbors, Catalina. Sign up today! Dates: August 16th-19th, 2018 – All Read more about Join our 13th Annual Seawind Catalina Rally![…]

Seawind 1000XL PLAY ON won the first in Lady Skippers Race 2018

Congratulations to Karen – skipper on the Seawind 1000XL PLAY ON – has won the first in the Lady Skippers’ Yacht Race 2018, held by Newport Cruising Yacht Club. “In the Moreton Bay region, Queensland, Australia, and, a very well sailed win, to “Play On” a Seawind 1000XL, skippered by my partner, Karen, with myself on the Read more about Seawind 1000XL PLAY ON won the first in Lady Skippers Race 2018[…]

Larry Robertson single hands his Seawind 1000 catamaran to victory in the 2018 Shaka Challenge

Larry Robertson single hands his Seawind 1000 catamaran to victory in the 2018 Shaka Challenge… Congratulations to Larry Robertson who has just crossed the line, taking first place in the 2018 Shaka Challenge! The Shaka Challenge is a 3000nm single handed race from Marina Del Rey, CA to Hawaii. The race is simple and in Read more about Larry Robertson single hands his Seawind 1000 catamaran to victory in the 2018 Shaka Challenge[…]

Sydney-regatta

Sydney Regatta

Arriving at the Multihull Central marina I was welcomed by the familiar faces of Sydney Seawind owners who had gathered for the last twilight race of the year. After catching up with friends at the dock I jumped on board Reflection an early Seawind 1250 and caught up with syndicate owner Chris. I was pleased Read more about Sydney Regatta[…]

Seawind 1600 Performance Vectors

When preparing for a long term cruising holiday you want to know that you can get to your destinations on time and with good pace. While the 1600 is by no means a high powered racing catamaran, we do consider her as a luxury performance cruiser. The team at Reichel Pugh were therefore tasked to Read more about Seawind 1600 Performance Vectors[…]

Performance & Comfort, Perfect for Couples

Perfect for couples A number of 1190 Sport catamarans have now been sold into the United States. Many of the sailors stepping into new 1190 Sports are coming from a background of racing sports boats or small trimarans such as the Corsair 31. The time has come however, to look for a boat better suited Read more about Performance & Comfort, Perfect for Couples[…]

Strong Seawind Presence at Brisbane Multihull Series

Following the incredible turnout of both cruising and racing catamarans and trimarans at the Hamilton Island Race week in August, Multihull Central hosted the first Moreton Bay Multihull Regatta over the weekend. With fifteen multihulls entered in total, Seawind again made up the largest class enjoying some social racing between friends, but were also accompanied Read more about Strong Seawind Presence at Brisbane Multihull Series[…]