Sydney-regatta

Sydney Regatta

Arriving at the Multihull Central marina I was welcomed by the familiar faces of Sydney Seawind owners who had gathered for the last twilight race of the year. After catching up with friends at the dock I jumped on board Reflection an early Seawind 1250 and caught up with syndicate owner Chris. I was pleased Read more about Sydney Regatta[…]

multihull-mythologies-part-3-seawind-luxury-catamaran

Multihull Mythologies (Part 3)

#3: It has to be 40ft to do blue water One of the greatest furphies (for our international readers a Furphy is a unsubstantiated comment) I have heard over the years is “If you are going blue water you need 40ft”. I am at a loss to know where this idea originated. I have heard it Read more about Multihull Mythologies (Part 3)[…]

multihull-mythologies-part-2-seawind-luxury-catamaran

Multihull Mythologies (Part 2)

For many years in general sailing, racing, cruising my own boats and working in the industry I never heard any discussion about the placement of the galley in a multihull, particularly in cats. Recently however the comment of ‘galley up is better because the cook is part of the conversation’ has been used with increasing Read more about Multihull Mythologies (Part 2)[…]

multihull-mythologies-seawind-1600

Multihull Mythologies (Part 1)

Over the years in general sailing, racing, cruising my own boats and working in the industry one of the most frequent comments I hear relates to performance, particularly sailing performance. Often you will hear people indicate that as a cruiser sailing performance is not relevant to them, they are cruisers after all and not racing Read more about Multihull Mythologies (Part 1)[…]